The original concept for an Orléans based cultural festival had been in the works for several years. Inspired by FestivARTS, the AOE Arts Council festival held at the Place d’Orléans Shopping Mall, and amplified by the grand opening celebrations of the Shenkman Arts Centre in 2009, it was clear that there was a broad appetite for an annual cultural festival in the heart of Orléans.
With the vision and dedication of a group of volunteers, the Festival took shape celebrating Arts, Chefs and Artisans for the first time on Sunday, June 6, 2010. The event attracted over 2,500 visitors in its inaugural year and brought together a dynamic multidisciplinary showcase for all ages.
In 2011, the festival expanded to 2 days, closing Centrum Boulevard. With 3 outdoor and 4 indoor stages, 40 performances, 5 culinary events, including the Taste of Orléans and celebrity cake decorating contest, the works of 40 visual artists and artisans, and the generosity of 50 sponsors, the festival attracted over 8,500 people!
To move and inspire our community to experience local arts.
e strive to build Orléans’ multidisciplinary local arts culture in a unique environment by supporting local talent, facilitating public access to the arts and providing learning experiences to all members of the community.
- Showcase the Orléans community as a vibrant place to live, work and play.
- Develop community participation and public appreciation of the arts.
- Promote the Shenkman Arts Centre, one of Ottawa’s cultural hubs.
- Raise awareness of local artists, chefs and artisans.
- Create partnerships with organizations who share our values.